Saturday, February 19, 2011

Soul shack

It's seriously been a shit day.

It's been a shitty week.

I would really really really like to go on holiday to a beach shack somewhere and watch the waves roll in with a cup of tea,
away from computers.

In my head I am reading a book in the shelter of a front deck of a beach house,
while the sun is beating down on the beach,
and a plate of cheese and strawberries are within arm's reach,
I am waiting for a home made casserole and roast lamb to finish cooking in the oven.

In my head I am wearing tracksuit pants and a tee shirt and thongs,
and a bright pink headscarf and big Jacqui O sunglasses.

I'm about to put the book down and lie in a hammock.

And snooze a little bit, and sway a little,
as the ocean breeze brushes my face.

There's soft indie pop playing in the background.

I want to be home for a little while.



1 comment:

cewek said...

Ugh! Me too and it's gonna get worse for the next 5 weeks :(

Let's runaway to the Maldives instead...