Thursday, April 19, 2012

The psychology of going without Milk

You know you've been in The Netherlands too long when you look in the office fridge for milk, find out there is none, and start going through the 5 stages of grief.

1. Shock and Denial - "What do you mean the interns forgot to buy milk? That can't be true!"

2. Pain and Guilt - "Maybe I should have said something earlier?"

3. Anger and Bargaining - "You mean, I'll have to go get Milk?! That's not MY job! If I give you 2 EU, will you go down to the store and get some milk?"

4. Depression, Reflection, Loneliness - " *sob* But I don't want black coffee. I remember what milky coffee used to taste like. It's not the same without you, milk."

5. Acceptance - "I'll be ok. Maybe there'll be milk in the fridge tomorrow?"

No comments: