Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Stepping out into the real world

I check out of the hostel today and move into a friend's apartment in the Old West area for around about a week.

It feels weird, even though I was dying to get out of living in a hostel, this actually means that I will be living IN AMSTERDAM, and technically, not a traveller based in a hostel anymore. (Even though I haven't travelled in a couple of weeks, being surrounded by travellers sort of made me feel like one.)

Living in this hostel has taught me so many things about people, and a little bit about myself. I have run into so many oddballs living here - staff AND guests, but also some really fantastic people.

I am having a coffee with one of the girls that works here tonight, after she finishes work. I wrote about her in one of my first posts when I arrived in Amsterdam. Her name is Hailey. It will be nice to extend my network of friends - I have been hanging out a lot with my Swiss friend Laura, and my Norwegian friend Sverre. Not that there's a problem with that (in fact, we'e had some pretty random and crazy times), but it's always nice to get to know new people.

I am also having a coffee with a guy called Bastiaan on Friday, who lived in France with a friend of mine, Lauren from Adelaide (for a year I think). New people, new opportunities, new perspectives, new friends!

Today is the 9th day of the 9th Month of the 2009th year (by the Christian/Roman Calender anyway..) I wonder what it means???

it might signify good news on the job hunting front!! JOB JOB JOB JOB JOB is my mantra for today!

No comments: