Thursday, December 24, 2009

A letter to the Universe on a strange Christmas Eve

Dear Universe

I know I'm running late this morning, and I have a very important flight to catch.
I know I'm always running late to everything, no matter how significant the occasion.
I know I shouldn't be blogging but I thought there are some things you might want to know.

I woke up this morning to look outside my window and see light snowfall. Again, wow. Snowfall on Christmas Eve? Thanks. You really turned it on for me before I left Europe.

As I frantically pack a host of Summer clothes, I wonder if I am going to fit into many of them, seeing as I moved here with them, and I know that the dutch comfort food has slightly eroded my metabolism. (That, I ain't so thankful for.)

I'm off to the tropics, to the big bad city of Jakarta, and it's going to be quite the culture shock.
Before I leave, and spend 24 hours that I'm never going to get back experiencing the human equivalent of physical limbo in a tin can, just wanna say, thanks for everything so far.

I'll leave Amsterdam shortly, and when I get back it will be the very beginning of 2010.

What I've experienced in Amsterdam is always surprising, often overwhelming, and mostly a little random. But I'm always safe, and always have the basic necessities at hand, and moreso, I found one of the best friends I'm ever going to have in my life, to experience it with.

I could reel off a wishlist that I would like for the new year, but I think I will leave that for later and create my wishlist for the near future instead.

I hope all my family and friends have a fantastic and safe Christmas and New Years, and that they happen to find special moments throughout the whole period with their loved ones. I hope they know I'm thinking of them always, and hope to with them again soon one day.

Look after Amsterdam while I'm gone- perhaps you can allow someone else to tear the town to shreds in my absence.

Love,

Rani ( You know, the one that always talks to you when she's drunk in bar on Thursday nights, mostly screaming "Why?Why? WHY?!". Yeah, her. Sorry.)

No comments: