Sunday, September 12, 2010

Top 10 list w/c 13 September 2010

What's Hot

1. New music - Discovering new music is awesome. Figuring out that you are evolving as a person through music is also a stupendous discovery.

2. Ginger Chai tea - It's milky, it's sweet, it's homebrewed from the recipe the woman in the Indian restaurant taught me in Belgium (??). That's right folks, get it while it's steaming and smelling oh-so fragrant in my kitchen. Zennnnnnn....

3. Being proven wrong in the best way possible - sometimes people can surprise you in good ways, and it feels nice.

4. Redecorating - Rearranging the nest feels rewarding.

5. Being told by a bunch of randoms that I speak dutch very well for someone that's only been here a year - Wat lief. Hartelijk bedankt.

6. Baths - Add a bath salt tablet, hot water, and a worn out body to bath tub. Ray Charles or perhaps Angus and Julia stone on the stereo. Stew for 40 minutes to an hour and you get one refreshed and revived little lady.

7. Having new, lovely, genuine girlfriends - Because you can never have enough. It took a while, but I got some good ones.

8. 2 for 1 beauty products - Soul searching or not, I am a mere mortal with a beauty regime.

9. Finding a beautician that is going to curl my eyelashes - what mother nature didn't give me can be implemented by a woman with a beauty diploma and it will be the best 20 EU spent this year.

10. Working from home - Being professional feels much easier in your jim jams.

+ 2 Bonus ones this week!

11. My hairdresser Lynn - She gave me the sassiest cut I've had in ages, about 5 weeks ago, and my life changed after that cut. I never felt more like "me". I went back last Friday and she rocked it once again. She's the freshest, most real, most beautiful woman I've ever seen (She looks like a cross between Beyonce and Kelis) and she has the 'tude to boot. She's a keeper.

12. Accidentally dropping my freshly developed Lomo photos from Belgium from my bike, somewhere in my hood, and having a random drop them in my mail box a couple of days later - Thanks whoever you are! But, I am pretty sure you stole one of my arty lomos. Kinda creepy but kinda complimentary too.


What's Not

1. Possibly the last warm and sunny Saturday of the year - the sun came, shone and left. Boo.

2. Being asked by a colleague if I stayed home all weekend because I might be lacking friends - "Umm... no. I have friends. But thanks for your concern."

3. Accidentally leaving your keys at home, and being locked out while your flatmate is in Greece, and ringing your landlord to come over and let you in - lucky they are cool landlords.

4. Rude antipodeons - We're from the same side of the world; no need to get shitty about it. It happens.

5. Missing my Ma - I wish I had her close by for a cuddle sometimes.

6. My macbook - Stop being a little bitch and just do what you're meant to do.

7. Insomnia - New mattress. I want. Now.

8. Bad things happening to good people.

9. Talking to analysts - For the hundreth time, I know it makes sense.. TO YOU. What about the rest of the free world? Do you think they might want an explanation about this new fang dangled product?

10. Tricky situations - Broaching sensitive topics make awkward circumstances possibly more awkward.

No comments: