Thursday, May 5, 2011

Push the button.

I push buttons all day, everyday.

Keyboards for a start.

Phone keypads.

Light switches.

Elevator buttons.

Train doors buttons to open them. ( God forbid anything happened here out of courtesy, even the train doors aren't chivalrous.)

I push metaphorical buttons too: my boss, my colleagues, my friends, my suppliers. I may not like/mean to cause a stir, but the drama sometimes follows me.

I'm going to Madrid tomorrow to celebrate pushing buttons.

I've pushed enough buttons now to be happy about where these jabs and clicks and index finger driven actions have taken me.

Tapped enough keyboards to create enough of the right words to have the damn good life that I lead.

Dialled enough wrong numbers to learn some lessons and punched a few right ones to get a few good answers.

Turned out some lights on some good and memorable nights, and flicked them on again to wake up to a new chance everyday.

Pissed off enough bosses to get me where I am today.

It takes a split second to push a button and those buttons, no matter how trivial at the time, will definitely shape your life.

"Send"

"Open"

"Delete"

"Buy"

"Confirm"

"Apply"

"Call"

"End call"


Cheers to the buttons, the fingers that pushed them, and the hearts that tell them "Just do it".

No comments: