Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Seoul Shine

Just when I thought I was over travelling and the lustre of foreigness and the unknown.

Just when I thought you could throw me in the pits of various situations of strange, and unfamiliar and kind of freaky without me breaking into a sweat.

That feeling came over me again last night: Wonder, a little bit of fear, curiousity.

I was on an overnight stopover in Seoul, waiting for my flight back to Amsterdam via London.

Flouro lights, animations and magic wand sounds of "zing/zap/kapow" in every tv show and every restaurant, large and confusing shapes that make language characters, meat on a stick, pale, coy and elegant girls that cover their mouths when they giggle and talk in a barely audible volume, toilets with heated seats and buttons that shoot water and hot air in... unexpected places....

I think I just got bitten by the North Asia travel bug....

No comments: