Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Fuckwit central

I had one of the most ridiculous days at work today.

Laughable really.

The HR Director for the ENTIRE WORLD decided last night he had nothing better to do than walk around going through people's cupboards and making sure they were locked.

Mine, of course, was unlocked.

So he locked it and took the key with him and left a post-it note on the front which said "Come and see me tomorrow in the Board Room."

I arrived this morning, took one look at my locker, and almost flipped a table upside down in fury.

My laptop and all my files were inside. Which is exactly the reason he locked it. To teach me a lesson.
Security, blah, blah blah.

Despite the fact that even trying to get past the security guards at our front reception is like trying to sweet talk St Peter to let you into the gates of heaven, as a whore. 

There are almost 700 people that work in my building. Over 3 floors.

Our Collective Labour Agreement is still under negotiation with the unions. We are in the middle of a merger/acquisition. My pension money is probably sinking under some Euro monetary crisis.

This guy is at the head of a Human Resources department which looks after  83,000 employees.

I say, if this is how he spent 2 hours of his day when he gets paid approximately 200K a year, he should be fired for treating his job so lightly.

So I had to go and try and not act livid, and prepare myself to grovel. I felt like I was in highschool. 

When I arrived at the boardroom, there was noone there, and no one else had any idea what he had done with the keys. When I asked the CEO's PA, she rolled her eyes and said "Another one." and my director looked at me and said "What the hell is this guy doing?"

He told her to go tell him I needed my keys. She knocked on his door and asked him and he called back "Take her number, I'll call her."


An hour later, he walked past me to head into a meeting.

At noon, I busted into my director's office, told him I had a deadline, and he told his PA to go fetch my key.

I had officially been unproductive for 2 hours, with people in Singapore waiting on me to send them some documents so they could move on with their work. 

If you want an idea of why companies go under, it's because corporations are  nothing more than poorly run highschools with ego maniacs at the helm. 

I work for a bunch of fuckwits.




No comments: