Monday, May 17, 2010

The creative momentum continues

My friend Sverre has spent 6 weeks in studio seclusion, working on still motion animation of a music video for an up and coming dutch artist, Tim Knol.

Last Thursday was (another) public holiday, and I went to visit him at the studio, to congratulate him and check out what he's been up to.

His studio was littered with tiny little wooden men and horses, and amongst it all, a makeshift timber village set with a camera infront of it, dominated the area. I brought my Lomo camera with me, and will publish some photos of his studio when I get them developed.

I got to see the end product, and it was mind blowing. I watched the music video about 4-5 times, because it was just so phenomenal to be in the artist's studio, with the animation artist, watching the end product of his endless toiling.

One of his friends made a short "behind the scenes" clip which features Sverre hard at work. Watch below. When the music video comes out, I hope you get an idea of why Sverre has gone into hibernation for a few weeks, to sleep.


Making Of Tim Knol's "When I Am King" music video from SubmarineChannel on Vimeo.

No comments: