Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hand me my time machine

Apparently my life now was an event 8 years in the making. And here's the proof.

An email from my cousin arrived today, containing an email attachment of something that I had sent to her in 2002. She sent it as a reminder of what I set out to achieve as a spritely university student, probably bored out of my brains from studying and just daydreaming.

I thought I was going to finish university that year (I didn't), I thought I was going to be single forever (I wasn't), and in true Rani style, I wasn't too eager to join the commercial world, and get my foot in the door, but thought I would test the waters anyway. (Little chance of getting a graduate position if you didn't even know that Logistics management was a profession - Sheesh, how dumb can you get!).

Presenting you with excerpts from an email written by a 20 year old Rani;



From: Rani
To: Family members overseas
Sent: Wed, 26 June, 2002 2:18:02 PM
Subject: Hello hello!



Howdy (family),

i hope you are all well....and that you are all safe and happy....

well, i am in the midst of the dreaded exam season, and i have a few more exams to sit...
it has been a bit hard juggling working and studying, but i hope that in the end everything will turn out okay...it's been a tough year so far in all repects....

for those of you who i have just started writing to, i have been a busy little bee in the last six months or so.

... my birthday last week...I went to the Radisson Playford hotel for a 4 course dinner with my friends, and we went out dancing after that. It was a nice evening, however, a little strange to think that i am already 20 years old!! Oh no!! Does that mean that i have to be responsible now? In ten years i will be 30 years old........where has my youth gone? Hah hah hah.

Apart from that i have been busy trying to figure out what i will do next year...applying for graduate jobs around the nation, but i have been unsuccessful so far....i have applied to work for southcorp wines ( the biggest wine company in australia) but i don't think i will a position as it requires a degree in logistics management and i didn't even know there was such a thing. Also i have applied to a publishing firm in melbourne, and Vodafone mobile network, and various other places. I am not too fussed about getting a job next year so soon now because i still have six months to go in my degree....

....Unfortunately i would love to come Bali later this year to meet up with some of you, but can not. I would like to go back to indonesia next year though. I was thinking about going to Indo -> England -> Germany -> Netherlands-> and then America next year from June onwards and then doing some work in America on a graduate j1 visa. But you know, i have to pass my exams first off before i can do anything.

Righty-o, i should go now and study some more. So long and farewell....take care and email me soon all of you!!!


Lots of Love,
Rani Bunny

1 comment:

Wood said...

Funny. I especially like it's label.