Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Kudos to me

Tuesday 11th May, 19:03pm

I find myself at the beginning of a 15-20 minute cycling journey on Laura's mountain bike, in 6 degree weather, with the wind blowing a gale, and fat, blobby rain hammering my whole body, as I try to get from my house in the West to a restaurant in the North.

I have been advised that it has no sign, no buses get there, nor trams, and it is is only distinguishable by it's admirable architecture, as it is built on stilts over the River Ij.

I am wearing a little black dress, stockings and high heels, a scarf and my paddington bear coat.

I am also, running very late for this four course dinner with a bunch of strangers, that was supposed to commence at 7pm.

If I'm not giving it everything I've got to put myself out there in this city and make it work, I don't know what you would call this.

No comments: