Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Nordics are rocking my (culinary) socks

When I was in Denmark and Finland last year, I sampled some typically Nordic food.



Reindeer. Red currants. Wild strawberries. Rye Bread concoctions. You know, that type of thing.



Well, they are really making the culinary world stand up and take notice at the moment.



Earlier this year, A Danish restaurant upped the ante and went up 2 places to win the top spot in the San Pellegrino "World's Best 50 restaurants" .



I found this article in October 25th edition of TIME Magazine, about some stuff and stuff that is happening in Finland at the moment, in terms of food, and it sounds awesome.



I want to spend my life reporting on this stuff.



1 comment:

cewek said...

Yeah that's what I heard also! There is a new restaurant in Adelaide called Celcius now and the head chef apparently has had experience at Noma in Copenhagen. So hopefully he'll bring on his experience of molecular gastronomy back to Adelaide.

http://www.taste.com.au/news+features/articles/2047/celsius+restaurant+and+bar


On other news, we're spending our orphans' Christmas at Lung King Heen (a 3 star Michelin star)! Initially we were wanting to do yumcha there but it was booked out for Christmas so we settled for dinner there instead.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=a78GGRRDnM5U