Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Teflon Pan theory

I have a theory. Hear me out.

How does the significant man/the man you hope to be significant in your life treat teflon pans?

Why do I ask?

Because cooking is about nurturing. Nurturing your soul, body, and mind. And to create a dish spectacular enough to satisfy the needs of all these sensitive things requires a level of gentleness and responsibility in preparation.

The teflon pan is a necessity to cook these days. It's pretty delicate. Tough and sturdy, but requires a visible demonstration of tender, loving care.

You take a fork to the surface of one of those babies, and in my book, you are pretty much saying; "I couldn't give a shit about your pan, this meal, or anything that happens between now and eating what I'm cooking. I just want what I want, and what I want is to eat."

OR, alternatively,

"I have no idea what I am doing, and even less of an idea that I am scratching the fuck out of something so valuable, thereby ruining it for future use, altogether. I am a moron. "

So.....

No comments: