Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Those that can, and those that prefer sleep.

When I went to Berlin, I met a lot of marketing hot shots from all over the world. Needless to say, as I do not classify myself as anything other than a rookie, I was just blending into the wallpaper, not really doing much more than observing, and taking notes, talking as little as possible.

One of the guys I met was about my age, probably a bit older, Director for something or rather at a big name consulting firm. When Schipol was closed and KLM weren't flying anywhere, he drove 13 hours in the snow to make it back to the office on time on Friday.

Committed.

We follow each other on twitter, and I woke up on Thursday morning to check my timeline and he had announced he had just been promoted.

It was 8.24am. I was lying in bed.



No comments: