Thursday, June 3, 2010

Return leg forfeited

I realised this afternoon that I was booked on a flight to go home to Australia, yesterday.

Helsinki - Tokyo - Sydney - Adelaide : The return leg of my year long ticket.

Depending on how you see it, you could say that I am now stranded in the Netherlands.

Not a bad place to be today; as I type I'm looking out of one of the arched windows in my living room, with sunlight beaming on my face and radiating over the whole room, overlooking the bright green foliage and tree tops of the park outside my apartment. I can hear kids calling out to each other, from the primary school courtyard over the road, and can see a hint of each boat that passes by on the canal to the right of my house, peeping through the natural frames of tree branches. Murmurs of a motorcycle being parked on the sidewalk stand out from the buzz and whines of passing traffic, and the sky is a brilliant hue of azure.

Yep. All in all, it's not too bad being stranded in Amsterdam today.

No comments: