Friday, December 9, 2011

Retrospective #11 - Little ol Lille


View Larger Map

After Paris, I went to Lille, in the north of France.

I fell in love with this little city.

My friend Marianne and I had my first couchsurfing experience there with a fantastic host. The next day we went to an exhibition at the Lille Métropole Museum of Modern, Contemporary and Outsider Art (LaM) which was very inspiring. She went back to Amsterdam and then the next part of my french adventure was on.

I met up with an old friend I haven't really seen since highschool. Shan was in France, wrapping up a stint as a cellar hand and living in L'tain Hermitage with her boyfriend.

We rented bikes and cycled around the cobblestoned lanes of Vieux Lille. We drank Belgian beer and met locals and they took us out with them.

Shan and I talked a lot about what life has been like since we saw each other last and what things were like when we were in highschool.

We also went vintage shopping together....

What fun.








No comments: