Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A very Belgian Christmas


View Larger Map

On Christmas Eve I jumped on a train to Belgium and met Sarah, Luke and Luke's BFF and his fiance in Brugge.

As usual, the Dutch trains delayed everything. A train that was supposed to take me straight to Antwerp became a train that only took me to the border, to a town called Roosendaal, and then I had to change to an ancient Belgian train to Antwerp and then I missed my connection and then had to wait an hour to travel to Brugge.

I had quite the relaxing, easy and lovely Christmas weekend with them.

I truly had a cosy Christmas day without going wild with the drinking, or shenanigans.

We had a champagne breakfast, followed by a long walk around the old town (everything was pretty shut but we enjoyed the wandering anyway) then headed into the centre for mulled wine and Flemish coffees at the Christmas market.

Mel bought some brownies from the patisserie around the corner from the hotel and then the ladies had an impromptu high tea infront of a (gas) fire.

Very civilised. Just like the little town.
























No comments: