Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Aviation jitters


View Larger Map





My parents and I are off to Central Java tomorrow for my mum's high school reunion. (just outside of Jogjakarta.)

I don't care much for going to the reunion, so hoping I get to lay low, and just wander off with my camera somewhere.

I am sure I will find other ways to entertain myself in the city of Javanese arts and culture. Trawling the street markets should be interesting, however, I just spent large at my favourite department store, Metro. Hmmmm.... and I don't think suitcase will be able to take much more. Oh well. Maybe a nick nack or a new pair of earrings or something. Oooohhh, postcards, I will find some cool postcards!

I am slightly concerned that we are flying Garuda, having vowed never to fly Garuda again since about 1999. When I raised this with my parents, they told me that they had chosen wisely, since it was the better of the aviation offerings. I raised my eyebrow at such a dubious statement. They then explained a couple of the budget airlines have recently had a string of ... unnerving incidents.

Better make sure I pack my St Christopher travel charm.

1 comment:

cewek said...

*sigh*

I told you not to pack much!