Monday, October 19, 2009

Epic day in the office

hungry.

cranky.

tired.

pissed off.

welcome to reality once again, huh Rani?

My colleague nipped over to Brussels and Germany over the weekend. She brought back Dunkin Donuts as a gift to the office. I was surprised to see it was a big deal, but was then informed that Amsterdam is sans Dunkin Donuts ( who cares? not me.) AND Starbucks (ok, that's cool. I like how the dutch haven't bought into that crap.) I never really noticed til now.

Actually, franchises aren't big here. Except for FEBO where you buy deep fried stuff from a vending machine. And Mcdonalds. And Burger King.

But it's not like London I guess, where everything is franchised to buggery. Like Pret a Manger coffee and Cafe Nero and all that stuff. But I guess it's not as big as London, so you don't need one of the same shop within every 2 km.

I love that about Amsterdam.

No comments: