Tuesday, October 6, 2009

It's true, I am cocky and pretentious...

... I updated my facebook workplace information.

I haven't had that information on there for nearly 2 years, but I thought it was time to become a real marketing wanker and put it up there. (Just in case anyone I hated from highschool or otherwise in life infiltrates all my security measures on facebook, and happens to get nosey. Honestly. It's the only reason. Then again isn't that the only reason facebook exists? Why deny it?)

A little early to be getting cocky about my new role seeing as I haven't even passed the probation period yet- I just finished my 2nd day actually - but hey, who am I to downplay my own awesomeness??Just basking in the wonder that is myself at the moment. You can find me high fiving myself in front of my bathroom mirror.

Ironically, apart from a police clearance form from Australia to prove that I'm not in The Netherlands while I am on parole, my boss also needs to see a copy of my degree. Well, seeing as it is in a frame in the spare bedroom in my sister's house in Australia, I think the latter is going to be hard to get. My next alternative is actually an academic transcript. OUCH.

I don't think that's a document he really needs to see. From memory it went a little like this...

Business Finance - 6 Withdraw Fail
Management Accounting - 33 Fail
Micro Economics ( 1st time around) - 48 Fail
Micro Economics ( 2nd time around ) - 52 Pass
Arts and Cultures of Asia - 85 High Distinction

You get the idea.

I was looking around in my (somewhat sterile, overly corporate) surroundings today, and I had to laugh on the inside. If you had told me six years ago that I would actually use my degree or that it would get me somewhere today, I would have just stuffed another gravy covered chip from the University Refectory into my mouth and asked you what time the Unibar opened.

Who gets an "Only English required" Marketing Job in the Global HQ of a Multi National Corporation based in Europe in the middle of a Global Economic Crisis?

Me, that's who.

I rock.

1 comment:

cewek said...

*rolls eyes*

Pride before fall. That's what I always say!

So. Did you want me to bring a copy of your degree also?