Sunday, March 14, 2010

Friday night flashback

Me: So we were sitting at this club, and the others I was with had just gone to the toilet, and I was sitting there and I started talking to the guy next to me.

Laura: Who was he?

Me: I don't know. He was just sitting there next to me, so I started talking to him. I think he said he worked for MTV or something. Turns out he was having some drinks with his colleagues.

Laura: Oh that's interesting, what did he do there?

Me: Senior something commercial something, I think. I don't know, I'd had a few wines. In fact, I think my exact words when he told me that were " do you feel like a whore?"

Laura: What?!? You asked him what?? ..... Why??? What did he say?!

Me: I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure he took it it quite well. Yeah, I think he was ok with it... might even go as far to say that he was mildly amused.

Laura: Are you sure? Why would you say that?

Me: I don't know. It seemed like the right thing to ask at the time. You know, selling your soul for the corporate world...

Laura: You're weird.

Me: I guess he'll never forget me right? How many times in your life do you get asked if you feel like a whore, after you tell someone what you do?

Laura: I don't know what to say to that.

No comments: