Sunday, August 8, 2010

"Full frontal Flower Shower". Peas included.

Yes, a full frontal flower shower. This was the name of the cocktail I had tonight.

We didn't make it to visit 'The Man who cuts the meat'. Damn.

Good news? Went to a funky, innovative restaurant in the West called Proef, the brainchild of an amazing experimental food artist type person Marije Vogelzang.

I went with Bex, a new friend from New Zealand. She literally lives down the road from me. We met and cycled to the Westergasfabriek complex, and stopped at Marnixbowl skate park en route, because it was deliciously sunny, and there were some good little grommets hanging out having fling with their skateboards. The girls were great, and inspired me to get my Lomo out and take some shots. Will post them when I get them developed.

I'm going to have to write a review about Proef for this writing gig I am doing, it was definitely an interesting experience. One dish was literally a half a head of cos lettuce, with some caramelised onion, sunflower seeds and croutons on it. All the drinks, except the cocktails, were served in jars. They keep their own chickens out front, and grow their flowers and some of their produce out back. My cocktail had peas floating around in it. I had panna cotta for dessert with edible flowers, and fresh red currants, blue berries drifting in tea syrup.

Visually exciting food!

Behold the eye candy that is... dinner at Proef!

(NB. The Blackberry finally came to some sort of use. Shout out to the office for providing the means to take the below photos.)

Mr Bunny with my bike.

Panna Cotta with edible flowers, alongside red currants & blueberries in tea syrup.

Home spun fairy floss with chocolate mousse and icecream.


Crispy radishes, beans and snow peas with a goats cheese and honey dip.



No comments: