Thursday, August 5, 2010

The rejection website

Thursday, 5th August 2010, 2.45am, Dam Square

Me: So, did I hear correctly, and that guy asked you for your number?

Friend: Yes.

Random American guy we have just befriended: And did you give it to him?

Friend: No, I have a boyfriend.

Me: So what did you do?

Friend: I gave him my website address.

Me: What? What's he supposed to do with that? Do you do this often?

Friend: If he doesn't get the message that I wasn't interested enough to give him my phone number, and he bothers going on the site, he'll possibly find my email address and send me an email and I'll ignore it.

Me: Why didn't you just give him your number and ignore him anyway? Unless you create a page on the site that says "If I wouldn't give you my phone number click here." and it takes people to a page that says "Couldn't take the hint the first time? Let me spell it out for you -Fuck off, I'm not interested."

RAG: A rejection website! Excellent idea!

Me (to RAG): Wanna share a rejection website? Basically it will be a landing page with a our pictures on either side.

RAG:If Rani gave you this URL, please click here. If (RAG's name) gave you this URL, please click here.

Me: This has potential. Trust me.

No comments: