Friday, August 20, 2010

Miss Communication

I've been having this really odd week, where people are talking to me - in english - and I have no idea what they are trying to say to me.

It seems everyone is trying to tell me something. Colleagues, bosses, boys, shopkeepers; Critical information is flowing and I am on receiving end. But I'm just not getting it.

I'm watching their body language, listening to the words coming out of their mouths, asking them to repeat themselves- everything to try and understand what the mercury is going on, but it's like the antenna's broken and I can't seem to unscramble the white noise and process it into intelligible meaning.

What do you people want? What am I supposed to do? How do you want me to react?

For someone who is a born communicator, this is highly frustrating.

No comments: