Saturday, April 24, 2010

Lekker weer, yeehar









Today the weather was SO nice, I sang as I rode my bicycle. How very "Sound of Music" of me.

It was phenomenal. Absolutely phenomenal.

Cycling was an absolute joy.

I cycled around the East side, and later settled myself by the side of a canal, and ate my lunch, basking in the sunshine and REAL warmth, watching the boats pass by. I went vintage clothes shopping, and trawled the second hand markets.




This city is so different when it's sunny. It's so alive, and... happy. The real difference between the seasons is so evident, not just temperature wise, but temperment wise as well.

I'm about to dash off to a place called "Chocolate bar" in De Pijp, to meet a girl from New Zealand, who I met through a "meet up" group a few weeks ago. She's got some friends over from London, and it's a perfect night for a drink.

No comments: