Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A few Finnish observations

- Finnish people don't eat the skin on the fish, even if it's been grilled. This is weird, right? Even weirder, most don't eat the skin on a rotisserie bbq chicken. I will never understand....

- There is no KFC in Finland. Awesome. I think it's fantastic that the Colonel hasn't gotten his greasy little mits on this pure country. Leave them alone Colonel Sanders!

- The recycling over here is impressive, and all countries should take note. Not only are the facilities first class, but every finnish person takes it so seriously, at home and when they are out. It also helps that they also get money back from their beer and cider bottles etc. Sunday Hangover ritual? Get your ass to the supermarket where one night of drinking can afford you the luxury of an icecream, a gatorade and a packet of chips each. Is there nothing this country won't do for it's hungover citizens? Me likey.

- Every Finn cleans up after themselves, when in fast food joints. I felt like an idiot if I didn't pick up after myself, and put my tray away. Social responsibilities need to be taken seriously people!!

No comments: