Saturday, August 29, 2009

Look out Weekend, here I come ...

Agenda for the weekend:

Saturday:

Drinks with a someone I have been introduced to via facebook - from Norwegian Roy in Melbourne. I am meeting a Norwegian guy called Sverre, who is a graphic designer here in Amsterdam, but he once lived and worked in Adelaide. Sverre has been really nice so far, offering me a few links about houses and rooms and film festivals, but I couldn't meet him til now because I have been in Spain. Drinks at noon, before he heads off to a concert.

There are a really nice group of english girls in the dorm I am staying in. They are about my age and there are about 5 of them, and they are really sweet. Might go out with them later tonight, they invited me last night, but I was too tired after searching for /making my way to the office that my immigration interview was going to take place. It was outside of Amsterdam, near the airport, in a place called Hoofddorp. I saw a lot of corporations in that area - Price Waterhouse Coopers, and Loreal etc etc.

Immigration were really nice, gave me my sticker in my passport, so now I can search for work, but still need to get a tax file number.

Good thing I didn't go out last night - major thunderstorm. Too much to deal with after a big day.


Sunday:

Tim O. from Adelaide got in touch with me last night... he's in New York at the moment, but he arrives in Amsterdam tomorrow. Woot Woot. Another friend to keep me company while I am here. You wouldn't believe how much it means to me that I have had a good long run of people that I know coming in and out of my life at this moment in time.

1 comment:

cewek said...

***HUGS***

Robin, Zhen-Zhen and I miss you!