Tuesday, August 4, 2009

summer cottage, had me a blast PT2


First stop, Jukka and Outi's home town, Kuopio, at dusk - amongst one big lake, so many cute islands!


After 5 hours on train, Sini, Jukka and I arrivd in Kuopio and had dinner with Outi and Jukka's sister (Anu) and parents (Olli and Helena) and cousins (Anya and Katya) at a revolving restaurant close to the city - Reindeer steak... yummy!! The Makela's were lovely...





View from the Makela's home balcony...


One night at their family home, and then 2.5 hour drive to the country where I arrived to ....





the main cottage at the top of the hill - too cute for words


close up of the main cottage at the top of the hill


The view from the front window - veggie garden, forest, lakes, islands....


Inside the main cottage - old world scandanavian charm ( with or without Jukka in the cottage)


meanwhile, down the hill, towards the lake...


The lower cottage that housed the sauna, and the bbq area behind me



Having just tasted my first wild strawberry


30 degrees and perfect - life doesn't get much better



chillaxing lakeside with Jukka


The view from the left of the dock - howdy neighbour


Sunset over the lake




Sini and I in our post sauna dip in the lake





Post sauna cider



I didn't try to eat them, honest!



Red Currants

The cheesiest photo I have ever taken in my life - I got all lovey dovey with nature... weird.



Night number 3, the crowd goes wild for my dancing


Finnish Love - Thanks for the memories you two lovebirds xxx



After three days and nights at the cottage, back in Kuopio, Outi and Jukka's one year old nephew, Erro, and Me, matching attire. (So tired after non stop shenanigans at the cottage)


As you might be able to tell, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I absolutely loved this place.

But I also loved Helsinki because I rocked out with so many of Outi and Jukka's cool friends,



I am sooo not spelling these names right!! L to R: Oui, Sini, Kata, Me, Vendla




Yet again, not correct name spelling - Esco, Me, Eric




Me, Sini and Outi


The boys and awesome girl, post golf tournament, and some sauna and swimming


Me and my awesome Outi xxx


Rani hearts Finland!!

1 comment: