Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Initial Copenhagen observations


View Larger Map


1.Everyone is fucking beautiful. And cool. Really fucking cool.
2.Everything is fucking expensive.
3.My hostel seems to be deader than a doornail, even though they claim to be full.
4. The Canadian guy that just checked in is a wanker.
5. I want to be back in Helsinki.
6.My phone doesn't work here and it's really fucking me off because I don't know why.
7. I think I am cranky because I'm all alone, even though the sun is shining in Copenhagen and it's a beautiful city, with beautiful people, and beautiful shops and buildings, and I should be happy.
8. I need to do washing and the nearest laundrymat is a 20 minute walk away.
9. The only thing I could smell for about 2 hours after I checked in was cheap men's spray on deoderant because I am sharing a room with 7 boys, and an old American librarian from Denver, Colorado that wanted to share his life history with me as I was settling into the room. Do I sound thrilled? No? Probably because I'm not.
10. As for point 10, apparently this is the only bed that was free for 3 continuous nights. Mixed dorm, poo.
11. I hate my suitcase more than I hate being by myself.
12. Re-reading point number 8 makes me even more annoyed.
13. My ears are still trying to clear themselves up after the bashing they took on the flight over here.
14. KFC still uses their old branding here. It's retro.
15. Burger King are offering hamburgers for 10 DKK. Approx $2.40. I might be on a Burger King diet for the next 3 days as even a hot dog costs twice this much. To put it into perspective, I bought a bus ticket from the airport to the city and it cost 35 DKK, and an ice tea cost me 25 DKK. I spent almost $15 on a bus ticket and a drink. That would have at least got me a hamburger in Helsinki.
16. I acknowledge this has been a whingey post, but I don't care.

Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow after I eat and check out this jazz club at the end of the street.

No comments: