Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Stoners, Dutchies, and Foodies

Today is Wednesday and there is a football match between England and Netherlands on today... I only know this because 2 english girls just arrived in my dorm. They are nice, and chatty. They are here for the soccer match, but they literally just walked into the room giggling, after eating a cake at a coffee shop. In fact listening to them stoned right now is pretty hilarious.

They are lying on their beds, one is comatose and not talking, the other one is just giggling her head off and saying " Don't be paranoid Lorna, don't be paranoid, you're still breathing, it's ok."

Lots of English people around singing and Dutchies standing around dressed in Fluoro Orange. I don't know why they would choose that colour - especially because they are so pale and tall.

I just got back from a little lunch meeting with a girl called Pia, who is from Sydney. One of my friend's friends ( Vanessa's friend; Vic) gave me her name and number and email, and wrote an introductory email for me. I rang her yesterday, and today we had lunch.

Pia is a interior, lifestyle and food stylist, living and working in Amsterdam. In short, she's pretty amazing, and one of the nicest, down to earth people I have ever met in my entire life.
We had a long lunch, talking about her work, her story, my story, setting up life in Amsterdam, and other such things.

I am just stopping by at the hostel to check the sharehouse bulletins, and have a short rest before I meet another girl called Laura from Switzerland. We got in touch through a sharehouse site, and she's got a room in a sharehouse now, but she's new to Amsterdam too, so thought I would meet her.

It's raining today, I think I just got a taste of "normal" Amsterdam weather. Lately, it's been muggy, and warm, not really sunny like in Copenhagen. Today is the first day where is has actually rained.

No comments: