Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Happy to report...

.. that I have found a new friend, and things are looking significantly better than yesterday.

The shared dormitory hasn't been too bad so far, the guys in the dorm are pretty quiet and probably a bit sorry for me, being the only girl. Having not grown up with any brothers or anything, it is still a bit weird to be surrounded by all guys.

There is one guy from Beijing who is here on a conference, and 2 lil frenchies from Paris that look really wet behind the ears, the librarian from Colorado, and then some more randoms I can't be bothere chit chatting too, because they have kept to themselves so far.

Something that makes me even happier is that the toilets and showers aer cleaner than what I thought... scraping the bottom of the barrel for some sunshine here.

I got a decent night's sleep which also helps the situation so far.

I feel like a bit of a loser for being so down and out yesterday, but i expect that it won't be the last time that i feel like that, writing to the outside world made me better though.

Did the whole museum thing this morning, and went to have some danish open sandwhiches which were affordable-ish and yummy, and now looking for a place to have a drink, because my liver has been complaining that I have been keeping it too pristine for the last 2 or 3 days.

2 things still haven't changed;

1. This city is still robbing me of my savings. I am trying to do all the free stuff.

2,My phone still isn't working and I have no idea why, my new BFF and I went to the Tourist Information office today and we asked about that, and they said it was a common question today, so perhaps the phone companies are on strike or something to that effect.

I think you can ring me but I just can't ring out, or sms out. I had to do the whole ET phone home thing, just in case this isn't the case, and people can't actually ring me. I am sure my parents are relieved to hear from me, since my dad recently watched a movie about Human trafficking, and scared himself shitless and tried to hunt me down for 2 days while I was in the Finnish countryside, and there wasn't a lot of reception.

By the way, Copenhagen at dusk is really beautiful, so many little narrow cobblestone lanes with exquisite looking restaurants with sexy couples and groups of young people being Danish and chic.

Interior design here is a big thing, the only ugly place I have seen is the bloody Australian pub at the end of my street, and it is painted in yellow and gold, with boxing kangaroos all over it. Seriously bad street presence.

Anyway, that is all. Over and out.

No comments: